Jared and I went on a little day trip earlier this week. We woke up way too bright and early and hit the road at 5:30am. Destination: Billings, Montana. Our goal is to get out there once a month for a temple trip. And to get all of our food shopping done since the grocery store in Worland is ridiculously expensive.
As we were driving, the windshied started getting a little foggy so I turned on the vent. Within about 5 seconds, we had feathers flying all over the place.
A little odd?? Not really.
Let me explain...
Have you ever had one of those mornings when you walk out to your car and find a bird flying around inside? It happens all the time here. Except not really at all. But it still happens. And it kills me that we didn't get a picture of it before we set it free.
It all started the night before when I was on my laptop seeing what the world of Amazon had to offer. I knew we had an Amazon gift card out in my car so I headed out to the very, very dark garage (that I spent hours shoveling manure and dirt out of so my car could once again have a home). I opened the passenger door and started digging in the glove box. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I felt what was either a a bat or a flying squirrel attack my back!!
Not cool.
I freaked out.
Bad.
I should remind you that it's pitch black in that garage.
When the attack began I immediately slammed the glove box shut while ducking down as low as I could, flung the car door closed, and frantically sprinted back inside the house. I may or may not have squeeled the whole time as well.
Jared gave me a funny look when I ran through the front door panting. I told him that I was just attacked by either a bat or a bird. And I wasn't happy about it. Jared laughed. Supportingly and lovingly.
The next morning we walked out to my car for church and...umm....found the culprit flying around the front of my car. Oops. Poor thing spent the whole night in there! And I have it on good authority that the ordeal scared the crap out of it. Multpile times.
Here's the proof:

Had I known that the bat was really a bird, and that it found its way into my car a split-second before I frantically slammed the door shut, it wouldn't have had to spend the night in my car.
I sure hope that dang bird has learned its lesson.
And I really hope that its feathers are the only thing that found their way down into my air vent...
You have a gift with words...I giggle every time I read your posts.
ReplyDelete