Jared doesn't read this blog. At least he claims not to. Part of me thinks it's strange that he doesn't care what I have to say. However after further contemplation, it's possible that it's not so much that he doesn't care what I have to say, as much as he'd rather not know what I have to say. Less embarrassing that way, I guess. Orrrrrrrrrr....... maybe he just trusts and adores me so much that he knows that I would never post anything that would bother or embarrass him. Ya, that's definitely got to be it...
After my last blog post, I've decided that I'm kinda glad that he trusts and adores me so much. Cause if he didn't, the following would have never taken place:
Look familiar? It should...
The last time I saw a pic like this I was in a hospital caring for my sickly husband.
The last time I saw a pic like this I was in a hospital caring for my sickly husband.
Earlier this week Jared got a call from his brother asking him to go break ice out west of our place. I didn't really know what that was all about so I hopped in the truck with Jared to find out. And since Jared doesn't read this blog, he was naive enough to let me. After surviving the first six minutes of shear terror as Jared drove up a steep snowy hillside, I asked Jared to stop so I could take a pic of our house. Once I convinced my hands to stop trembling enough to turn on the camera, I got my picture.
The first non-Lyman person to find our humble abode wins a free two-year subscription to my blog. It's weird to look at this picture and realize that this is where I live now. Slightly different from where I was living six short months ago.
The little red circle is where I spent the last five years of my life. I've definitely had my fair share of feeling homesick over the last five months, but I'm still enjoying life out here. Every week brings a new adventure.This week's adventures include:
1. Surviving a snowy 79 mph (slight exaggeration) drive in the truck with Jared out to break ice.
2. Standing on a frozen reservoir, breaking through the ice with an axe.
3. Surviving the most terrifying deer vs snowmobile ride in the whole entire world with Jared.
4. Surviving the most terrifying cow vs 4wheeler ride in the whole entire world with Jared.
5. Solving a murder mystery.
6. Finding Waldo, the bunny rabbit.
Numbers five and six just happened today. I was walking around our place a couple hours ago and stumbled across this:
After further investigation with Jared, Chad, Katon, and Heidi (via telephone) we found what was left of our victim.
This wasn't here two days ago when I survived adventure #3.
We're guessing a coyote took her down. And then had a lot of help from a number of other animals after that.
It's so weird to think about this happening just a few hundred yards from our house sometime in the last two days. So weird. Part of me wishes that I could have watched it all go down. But a bigger part of me is glad that I didn't. I'd probably still be crying. Poor little deer :(
Adventure #6 occurred just a short ways away from this. I was hanging out by the stack yard talking to Heidi on the phone when I noticed I was maybe twelve feet away from a cute little bunny rabbit. He didn't seem bothered at all by my presence. I wanted to see how close I could get to him before he ran away, but I knew when he finally did come to life I'd totally freak out and possibly hurt myself. I figured I'd already put myself through enough terror this week that it was probably best to leave the little guy alone. So I did.
Right after I took a picture of him.
I told Heidi I was gonna call this picture 'Where's Waldo'.
First one to spot the little guy wins an all-expense paid adventure in Ten Sleep, Wyoming.
The wildlife out here is one of the reasons why I love it so much. On Wednesday I finally got to see some of the elk I've heard so much about all winter. Jared and I were heading to the widow's dinner the YM and YW put on each year and as we got to the top of our lane, we saw about 70 head of elk there on the highway. They all took off when we approached but it was still pretty neat to see them.
Wyoming definitely offers new experiences. Utah offered no shortage of adventures either, though. I'll have to re-live those in another blog sometime. So stay tuned.
In honor of my place of birth, I share a few more pics from adventure #2.
It's not an exact replica to Utah, but it's pretty darn close. Not too shabby for my first time wielding an axe.
I hope my family and friends back home appreciate it.
And I hope the cows appreciated it as well.

Knowing Weezer like I do... It is totally proper to consider the following:
ReplyDelete1. It's entirely possible that the Ten Sleep Homestead is not in the photo.
2. It's also entirely possible that Waldo is truly missing from the photo.
3. In order to see either object, one must be wearing the absolutely stunning yellow tinted glasses. Pa.
I found all the objects before you asked me too. I'll expect my check in the mail for my ticket to Wyoming and a certificate of recognition to read your blog for free before December 28th.
ReplyDeleteThat's tomorrow.