I just got back from a nice casual bike ride around the ranch. Jessie came with me and ran along side the whole time with her tongue hanging about 4 inches out the side of her mouth. She definitely got a much better workout than I did.
This was her first experience with a bike as far as I know. She was confused at first because she's used to being able to "load up" whenever Jared and/or I get on anything with tires. Despite running a little too close to my tires than I would have liked, she managed to go the whole 30 minutes without any mishaps. Until the tractor happened.
When we were about 1/8 mile from home, I picked up my speed so that Jessie would have to sprint the rest of the way. Even though I was on her bad eye side, she did great. But then I got about 5 feet ahead of her, and then 10 feet, and then 15 feet, and then....
THUMP!!
YELP!!
I immediately looked back to see what happened. I guess she was so focused on catching up to me, that she forgot about everything else around her.
Like the Versatile Tractor.
Which was, unfortunately, on her bad eye side.
Note the two arrows in this picture. Can you guess which path Jessie took and which one I took?
Poor thing smacked pretty hard against that tire at a full sprint. And yelped loud enough to almost give me a heart attack. I think it shocked her more than anything since for her it came out of nowhere.
For the next 30 seconds she just stood there wondering what happened to her.
I swear she thought I did it to her the way she was looking at me.
It's a good thing she's a very forgiving little pup.
All it took to cheer her up was a little hug and some puppy talk (very similar to "baby talk") and she was putty in my hands again.
I just love her!


Ouch! Poor pup. Glad she's okay!
ReplyDeletePoor baby!
ReplyDeleteThis dog has it all figured out. Occasionally run into something and get a lot of attention. But more importantly, let everyone know that you have a "problem" with one of your eyes. This way you can walk right by someone and totally ignore them. Oh how I wish I could pull this off!
ReplyDelete