Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lost and Found

Do you ever stop and think about all those little (or big) things you've lost in the past and wonder where in the crap they could possibly be? Knowing that your precious little something is just sitting somewhere under a cushion or tucked in a corner or buried just enough in the dirt that you can't see it no matter how hard you look is enough to drive you crazy, right? Or is it just me?

I lost my wedding ring a few months ago when I went snowmobiling with Jared's family up to their cabin. I had that ring just shy of a year. And I lost it. I knew I'd lose it eventually which is why I told Jared that I'd kill him if he spent a fortune on a ring...but not even a year before I lost it? Didn't see that one coming. I'm guessing it came off when I pulled my gloves off which I swear I didn't do until I got to the cabin. But we've searched the cabin to no avail. It seriously drives me crazy knowing that it's just sitting somewhere and I can't find it. And it makes me wonder if someone, someday, will find it and wonder where it came from. And will they keep it? Or will they not care and just toss it aside? Like I did this CD.



I found this just off the highway the other day when I was out walking. I realize this isn't exactly in the same category as a diamond ring, but it's Alabama Live! I love country music so I'd be pretty bummed if I lost this. I would have taken it home with me if it wasn't broken. Instead, I took a picture of it and am now hoping for some good karma (directed at finding my ring) by posting it online for all the world to see. If you think it might belong to you, you can find it about 12 miles up the Nowood on the east side of the highway.

Ok karma, I'm waiting for you...

I lost something else a couple months ago as well.
I've made multiple attempts to find it, but have failed miserably every time.

It's my desire to blog.
You may have noticed??

I don't really know what happened to it. I guess it might have disappeared with the snow because now that it's warm and sunny outside, the thought of staring at my laptop kind of gets me in a bad mood. So my laptop has remained remarkably untouched for about seven weeks now. I say "remarkably" because since moving to Ten Sleep, my laptop has been attached to my lap as my main source of connecting with the outside world.

I'll try to do better though and do my bestest to find my lost desire. I do have a lot of stories to catch up on, after all. Like how I FINALLY GOT A DOG!!!

Her name is Jessie and she's the cutest little brat in the world. I found her on KSL a week before Easter and immediately fell in love.



Ahhhh, look at the cute little puppy dog.

She's blind and deaf and has no whiskers as of this morning (little mishap with a burning ditch), but I still like to think that she's gonna be an awesome cow dog some day.

Fingers crossed.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you're back! Hope you find your ring. How old is Jessie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guy we got her from said she was 2 months old, but he got her from someone else who got her from someone else who got her from someone else...so I don't think he really knew. We're guessing she's about 6 months.

      Delete
  2. yeah! So glad to see you back, but can seriously relate to what spring can do
    to your desire to stay inside! Best on your Karma!

    ReplyDelete