Sunday, March 18, 2012

Copy-Catterererer

I'm sitting here in the kitchen watching a little black cat romp around out near where I set a fire last year in my ploy to meet the neighbors. We've got a couple cats at our place but in the nearly eight months that I've lived here, I've only seen the black one four times and the greyish one once. They're feral cats but just about everytime I go to the grocery store, I'm really tempted to buy some cat food to leave out on the back porch as a surprise for them. Wouldn't that just be so cute? And nice? I haven't given in to my temptation yet, but after watching the little black cat today, I might have a slightly more difficult time saying "no" the next time I'm at the store.

But our little cats aren't the topic of this post.
Copy-catting is.

A friend of mine posted a recent picture of herself on her blog and listed 11 random things about her and then tagged six people to do the same as well as answer 11 of her questions. She didn't tag me but I'm going to pretend like she did and copy her blog idea because I'm not in a story-telling mood.

*******

11 Random Things:


1. My most favorite thing to do each day is ride around the fields on the 4wheeler with Jared to check on the cows and calves. The little guy in the pic above was separated from his mom for five days last week. An exciting ride on the 4wheeler Friday evening was the first step to getting mom and calf back together again.

2. I didn't learn to drive a stick shift until I was 30. I'm still 30, by the way.

3. I'm kind of a germaphobe. Jared is whatever the opposite of a germaphobe is. Which I find quite annoying.

4. I have to make my bed every day. Every. Day. Drives me crazy otherwise.

5. I can't go to sleep without brushing and flossing my teeth.

6. I've spent the night in the back of a UHaul and on a garage roof with my ex-roommate and had pizza delivered to both locations. The delivery drivers thought we were strange. And one asked if we were smoking pot.

7. I stole a flashlight from a store at the mall when I was little and when my two oldest siblings found out, they staged a phone call from the police to scare me. I don't remember if I fell for it or not... I do remember that the only reason I stole it was because I was bored with carrying around my very awesome but very empty levi purse. The flashlight fit perfectly inside, so...I really had no choice but to take it.

8. I don't like to go barefoot in the house. My feet get too cold and I don't like feeling the dirt on the floor when I walk. I'm totally a sock gal.

9. To date, my absolute worst experience at a doctor's office was when I had an ingrown toenail removed. During the middle of the procedure the doctor actually said, "Looks like a Chinese torture chamber, doesn't it." It was horrible.

10. One of my least favorite topics to discuss is politics, however one of my favorite classes in college was Political Science.

 11. If Jared had a quarter for every time I told him I was craving a chocolate malt, he'd be a very rich man.

And now the 11 questions:

1. Is there a day of the week you always look forward to the most? Why?
When I was a productive member of society, Saturday was the day I looked forward to the most. For obvious reasons. Now that I'm unemployed, any day that gets me out of the house is the day I look forward to the most. And any day that involves a trip to Walmart and Costco (Billings, MT) is the day I look forward to even more most.
2. Are your clothes in your closet organized or all jumbled up with no order?
Totally organized. From left to right: shirts I wear the most, shirts I wear the least, shirts I'll wear when I find a job, skirts I wear the most, skirts I never wear but can't bring myself to get rid of.
3. Do you have a lucky number?
Not really. But if I were to choose one right now, I'd say 17. For no reason whatsoever.
4. What do you daydream about?
Getting a job and a puppy.
5. What's the best dessert you've ever had?
Ummmm, isn't this question basically the same as asking a mother which child is her favorite? I can't say what the BEST dessert I've ever had is, but I'm a sucker for brownie sundaes. Mmmm, tasty.
6. Are you a heels or flats person?
Definitely flats whenever possible. Heels hurt my knees and they make me taller than Jared.
7. What was your favorite cartoon growing up?
Jetsons or the Flinstones. I can't remember which...
8. When you were little, what did you tell people you wanted to be when you grew up? Did it change?
I told people I wanted to be a veterinarian, but that I probably wouldn't because they couldn't eat meat. Instead I went the accounting route. Now that I live on a ranch in Wyoming and know the difference between a veterinarian and a vegetarian, I'm really wishing I would have stuck with the vet thing.
9. What state/city would you love to visit (that you've never been to before)?
I guess maybe New York? Possibly? I've never been to the east coast.
10. Are you a believer in waiting until after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas? Or do you do it sooner?
Definitely wait until after Thanksgiving.
11.If you were an American-Idol worthy singer, what song would you choose to sing at your audition?
I'm drawing a total song blank right now. So I don't know.
*********
There you have it! Lots of random and possibly-not-very-interesting stuff about me.
I'm going to go attempt a Sunday nap now. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Fun post! If I weren't so tired right now, I would have something witty to say. Or at least, I would say something that *I* think is witty - ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roommate sounds like a very bad influence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only 30 for a short while more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy you stole my questions. And answered them. P.S.-this is probably one of the few times you will have someone tell you they are happy you stole from them.

    ReplyDelete